Monday, June 19, 2017

Book of the Month: The Basket of Flowers




Summary:

     Mary and her father James Rode live comfortably as gardeners in the service of the Count of Eichbourg in Germany. Adored by all, Mary is an especial favorite of the young Countess Amelia. However, when Amelia's mother discovers her diamond ring is missing, young Mary is accused of stealing it by the jealous maid Juliette. Hence, Mary and her father are banished from the kingdom.
Will they ever return home? What happened to the ring? Will Mary's faith remain intact through this fiery trial?




Pro's:

     I chose this book for the month of June because of the significant role of Mary's father, James, in cultivating and nurturing her faith in God. He's a wonderfully wise and caring father whose lessons in Biblical truths are found all throughout the book. The Basket of Flowers is truly a delightful story and I know readers will be captivated by it.


Con's:

     There's nothing negative to write about this book except that it's a very moving story. There were a few places where I teared up.


My rating for this book:

5 out of 5 stars (I loved it and would recommend it to anyone)






2 comments:

  1. I loved this book as a child. I'd still read it now, if time permitted!

    ReplyDelete