Friday, December 28, 2018

Updates, Life, and A New Year




   With the flick of a calendar page, another year passes and I am left wondering where the time has gone. Is it just me, or do the years seem to be flying by faster and faster? Several major milestones were passed this year: my sister graduated high school, I turned twenty, and Dad retired. Significant work was done on my writing projects as well.


Diary of a New Driver:

   About half of this book is written. I'll continue to post the chapters on this blog, though I won't do so for long, as I hope to traditionally publish the entire book once it's complete.


Jonathan and The Royal Conspiracy:

   I decided to temporarily put this book on hold, due to major plotting issues. However, once I finish Diary of a New Driver (and work up the nerve), I'll tackle the massive job of replotting.


Yet-To-Be-Named Short Story:

   My latest project, and the main reason for my absence on the blog, is a historical fiction short story set during the Battle of Dunkirk in 1940. The story is complete and editing is currently underway. I'm still deliberating over whether I should add artwork and publish it independently, or skip the artwork and share it here. Your thoughts would be appreciated!


     Reflecting on 2018 has caused me to realize how little time we truly have. The clock ticks ever so rapidly, yet I find myself more often squandering the time rather than utilizing it. While I won't be making a lengthy list of resolutions for 2019, there is one objective I aim to pursue: treasuring the time. Our lives are too short to be wasted in frivolous pursuits.



What's your biggest goal for the new year?






2 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria,

    I didn't know you were planning on publishing your driving stories. That is really neat. About your historical fiction book, how many pages is it? If it is written for a younger age group and relatively short, I think you should add artwork. But even if it's not, you could add the artwork at the back of the book...that would be neat. And please do share the artwork if you publish it on your blog. Are you planning on drawing it yourself? :)

    I haven't really decided on my goals for next year yet, but since you asked, mine would probably be to know more about God and be concerned with doing God's will and taking care of his business. :)

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ashley!

      So the hf short story is about nine pages long and has over 1400 words. It's intended for an older audience (middle school to high school). As for artwork, my skills are quite rusty! I might try doing it myself, but I'll probably end up getting the help of some friends.

      That's a great goal! Pursuing God and being concerned with the things He's concerned with is a life-long journey. May we draw ever closer to Him with each passing year.

      Delete